My Facebook Yooo!! XD

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Gunners Challenge

Lmao, a bit overdue, but whatever. 11.05pm Thursday. She loves me? She loves me not?

Anyways, on a nice Tuesday morning when peopl are getting to school, I apparently, was at Mid Valley. =)

Yep, I mentioned that I was taking part in The Gunners Challenge pretty long time ago. My team consisted of my school mates. No weijie and darien, cause they ffk. Yes. XD

Anyways, I fetched them and we were at Mid Valley by 9 something. I thought that since it's a school day, there won't be many teams will there?

WRONG.

A lot of people were there waiting for the exhibition hall gates to open. I knew then and there that if we won, we can represent Malaysia dy. XD

I was pretty confident at first, cause I thought the court would be normal futsal courts we play at, which provides loads of space, but more on that later.

For those who didn't know, the last 20 teams could bring home Nike merchandise, th top 4 gets to be coached by Arsenal players, and the winner get 3k worth of Nike merchandise, those of you who know how big a Nike freak I am would know that that was extra motivation for me. XD

When the gates opened, only the captains were allowed to go in first, to register your team. The competition was only opened to 16 to 18 year olds, so I.C's were to be checked. It was rather convenient that at that time one of my mates weren't here yet, and another didn't bring his wallet.

Lining up, I looked around at the captains, all tall, fit and ready for action, and here I am, boy with glasses with weird haircut. Nice.

The decor of the place was amazing. I mean, if it were all ManUtd, I'd go crazy. XD

So uh, when it was my turn, I told the brother my story, that one wasn't here yet and the other forgot his I.C. When I told him he didn't bring his wallet, the dude was like 'He did not bring his wallet?' I nodded the 'IKR" nod. XD

He then called me to go to another counter to sort things out, maybe it was the lost puppy eyes that were screaming 'WHAT NOW?'. He added a 'Sorry bro' at the end of the speech. How nice. =)

So uh, I waited for the full team to come, got someone to sort out the stuff, and by 10.40, we were in, they even gave us a small bag thingy! =D
Neat huh?

Anyways, further in the hall, there was a stage with a press conference table on it, with a big 'GUNNERS CHALLENGE' poster behind it with the faces of Wilshere, Walcott, Fabregas and Chamakh on it. There was a display of the new Tiempo's. It was cool shit.

After getting a seat on the floor, the host was there to pump us up, then when he said it was time, the shutters on both our sides rose, and there were the courts.

Maybe I should explain the rules a bit. The aim of the game is, there are a lot of futsal courts, so each team will be assigned to a court, and you have to have a long winning streak to win, one game is 3 minutes, if you lose, you get out, line up and wait to get back in, you can also go to other courts lah.

We were assigned to Hall 2, but Hall 1 was awesome, the walls had a projection of Arsenal players and all. We were pumped up when we were there, but the courts were super small, the goal was the super small types, the kind that's just the right height for the ball to go in.

We lost our first and second match. Morale was definitely on a low, we even considered to bail and watch Transformers. But after having a meal, we were definitely feeling better.

When we played the next game, I guarded the goal. No keepers were allowed, and you cannot step into yours or the opponents D-box. The D-box was also small, so it didn't really matter. I was 100% focused on the ball. You have to be when the court is so small and there are 10 people running in it, or next thing you know, your picking the ball from the back of the net.

I did like, so good that even I could't believe it. I mean, I don't wanna brag lah, but I played the guard from the start, we would've stood a chance. XD. My team mates were also giving 100%, we won the first game 2-0, then the next game 1-0, we were building momentum, we could feel that this could be it. But the ref ended the third match midway cause the tournament was over and it was time to see the players. -.-

We rushed to the main hall, but we had to wait for like, 30 minutes until the action started. Everyone had to be in Hall 1, and Hall 1 didn;t really had space. When I was trying to go in, this brute with giant arms was going the opposite direction, instead of at least trying to make space and give way, the gorilla decided to make use of his stupid arms and just push everyone away. Me being, well, me, wasn't really in the mood to give face and make way to a giant twit like him, so when he was right in front of me, I held firm and put some force to my right shoulder, we clashed a bit, and the moment my shoulder hit his, I gave a little shove. He, obviously feeling a bit malu that he got shoved by a 16 year old that has trouble opening a can of spam, pushed me from the back. I didn't peduli him and just walked away, I proved my point anyway. Don't push me around. #win.

Where I was standing, I had no space to move, I couldn't move my arms, cause then the woman behind me might yell rape.XD. I had to stand there aimlessly until the light were out and loud music started playing and lights were blinking. I now know what it feels like to go clubbing. XD

The players that arrived were Wilshere, Song, Walcott and that goalkeeper that has a hard to spell name. Szechesny ah?

Anyways, when they entered the court, the little space I managed to make for myself was suddenly lost, I was pushed and shoved to another spot, I don't know how that happened. O.O

The last four teams then entered donning Nike kits and new Lunar Gato's which obviously were given to them. Heck yeah I was jealous. At that time, I was tip toeing to get a glimpse of Jack Wilshere. Honestly, I only came to see him. Fabregas wasn't here cause he's too busy pms-ing about how he wants to go to Barca then not then yes then not. =.=

I could only get a few glimpse of Wilshere and Walcott, I could only see Song and Szechesny, but not long after I found a spot where I could stare at Wilshere. XD

When the game was going on, I was only staring at Wilshere. I mean, who cares man, I'm not on it also.

I then felt this man's hairy leg rub against mine, and I think he started dry humping me for a few seconds. 0.0. I felt so molested. I couldn't do anything about it, I couldn't move. Why couldn't it be that woman that was originally standing behind me? I wouldn't mind, she was pretty hot. XD

So uh, after the final was over( we called the winning team Carlito cause one of them had an afro and we all watched wrestling when we were kids XD ), The Arsenal players gave them their prizes, gave a speech and started making their way outta there, but before they did, they started throwing autographed stuff to the crowd, that was when the pushing REALLY started, it took me 5 seconds to realise that amidst the mayhem, I was grabbing this woman's shoulder. XD. My friend almost grabbed a signed ball, but a bunch of stupids rampased it away, -.-

After that, we regrouped outside the hall and started talking like a bunch of kid that just seen The Power Rangers and headed home.

A good day I'd say. =)

Gee, talk about a long post.

Kaythanksbai. XD