My Facebook Yooo!! XD

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Be thankful.

Hey, I know, very long didnt post dy, XP. 3.41pm Tuesday.

Sometimes when I can't sleep, I think of a lot of stuff, one of them being, I am one lucky guy.

People these days tend to forget how lucky they really are these days.

Take, for instance, a bed, something which, to people now is considered more of a right than what it really is, which is a privilege. Imagine that some people on this earth sleep every night on the cold hard floor. I don't know about you guys, but even with a pillowless matress I would't be able to be comfortable, let alone the floor.

I'm also very thankful that whenever I'm hungry, I always know that there will be a hot meal waiting for me. Some people on this earth starve for days before they can have a bite to eat. Stuff like chicken or whatever is something that we expect to have on the meal table, while in other places, they can only enjoy these kinds of foods like, I don't know, once a fortnight? Even the simplest of things, like water, we take for granted, some countries suffer from diseases because they don't have clean water to drink, and yet we're here wasting water, filling up that bath tub, playing around with water. I'm not saying that it's not good to have fun sometimes, but it would be awesome to minimize the wastage, no?

Some brats in today's society are desperate to look cool among their peers, getting every gadget that's hip, and whenever they don't get it, they'll start complaining about how lousy the gadgets they are using now. Please lah, some people can only dream about having an iPod, iPhone or whatever, and you're complaining about how your iPhone's not a 4G or whatever? I'm scolding myself also lah actually, I always ask for new soccer boots when my old ones aren't even near to being broken.

You might be reading and asking yourself ' Yeah, I sympathise them, but what can I do? ' Well, you can start by cherishing what you have now and stop complaining on what you don't have, cause what you have now, could be what other people can only dream of having.

Be a better person.